Quote Originally Posted by Rick Olson View Post
I was wondering if anyone had information on using this lens for 7 x 17 or larger ULF sizes. I checked the Badger Graphic Sales site and it shows it has an image circle at 485mm at f-22. I read that 7 x 17 requires an image circle of about 466mm, which means the lens will cover with minimal movement. I know that stopping down throws a larger image circle and was looking to see if this lens would be a viable option at f-64+ for 7 x 17 to allow generous movement of the front (lens) standard. I want to be able to have a bright image and this lens stops down to f-128, which is good if I need it compared to other similar plasmat lenses in this range.

Thanks,
Rick
Rick

Don't be too certain that you will get much more coverage by stopping it right down - most 360mm plasmats have mechanical vignetting at the limitation of the image circle. For example, I have a 360mm Apo Sironar which actually does not cover 11x14 because the filter ring vignettes when you stop it right down. I'd be careful to check the exact lens you have in mind before forking out for it. I had a Schneider Apo Symmar 360 which had mechanical vignetting at the spec'd image circle.