Quote Originally Posted by HerrBremerhaven View Post
I definitely agree with that assessment. Some (outside APUG) might even consider APUG the radical fringe, so why would a company put itself, or one of its' employees, in the line of possible attack?

All fine and good to support Ilford, and I do use lots of HP5+, but last I checked Ilford do not make any colour films. It does often seem that APUG is heavily B/W films biased, but there are fewer colour films companies than B/W films companies. Shouldn't we support continued production of colour films?

There is also the somewhat invisible side of Kodak and Fuji. Both companies place ads in PDN (Photo District News) and a few other publications for their film products. Yes, both have largely abandoned Pop Photo and similar publications, but those more consumer magazines are more biased to computer users with cameras. Another realm many amateurs never see is that both Kodak and Fuji have teams of people visiting pro labs around the US. There have been many times I got samples of films from these reps, and was given product literature with information on new products. This is not traditional advertising, and not geared towards consumers, but it shows that both companies are still marketing their colour films, especially transparency films.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio

I agree with Gordon who agrees with Art.

Sometimes I think folk here actually want Kodak to cease making film just so they can say: "See, I told you so!".

The problem with that is that it is really just cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Other than perhaps "closure", exactly in what way will film photographers benefit if Kodak does give up traditional photography?

DISCLAMER: No, I don't work for them, don't own stock in them and while I use their products, I use the products of other manufacturers also.