Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
APUG does seem hostile to Kodak.

The overwhelming tone is anti-Kodak and has been for quite some time.

I agree with the comment that people seem to want to see Kodak leave analog so they can say "I told you so". How many of you would work for little or no pay? Kodak will not and when customers go to less expensive products, then Kodak stops making theirs.

Remember that many of these smaller companies did not have to do R&D on Dektol, HC110, XTOL, Liquid Fix et. Kodak published formulas for many of these and now they are being produced by others with no overhead for the R&D that made them possible.

Oh well, perhaps my comments are useless in this venue. BTW, I am probably the only person on APUG who has spoken to Antonio Perez face to face and addressed the issue of analog photography.

So...

Anyhow. Have a nice day.

PE

Amen P.E. As long as I can get Dektol, HC110, TMax Films, etc I will shop with Kodak. Rather than complain about say losing Kodacrhome 200 go buy some. If say next friday 10,000 of us bought Kodachrome 200 and continued to do so it would not be discontinued. That all being said we won't do that. I have no use for that product and I would assume few of the world's film shooters do. Thats why it was discontinued.

Few people used AZO so same deal. I Lament the passing of Kodak papers but most of my photo friends used Ilford and Agfa.

Just my rant on the subject

Dave M