I just 'cut & pasted' this from www.dickblick.com ;

Buffermount PlusThis archival quality dry mounting tissue is for paper, delicate materials, and photographs. A removable adhesive, it activates at 175F. It features acid-free tissue, buffered to prevent acidic migration on the substrate. It is also breathable. Use it for preservation applications, thin papers, rice paper, tissue paper, parchment, watercolors, silks, and other fabrics.

ColormountThis permanent dry mounting tissue is especially formulated for photographs. It activates at 175-200F. It is a porous tissue, versatile and breathable, which mounts to both non-porous and porous surfaces. Use if for color photos and slick posters.

Fusion 4000 PlusGeneral purpose, solid form dry mounting adhesive, useful for fabrics and textured materials as well as paper. A removable adhesive, it activates at 170F to form a solid adhesive. Buffermount Plus melts during heating and bonds during cooling. Use it for fabrics, textured materials, paper artwork, canvas, and puzzles.

Are these descriptions accurate? I've used Colormount for some time now, but there's a big difference between, "This archival quality dry mounting tissue..." (Buffermount), "This permanent dry mounting tissue..."(Colormount), and "General purpose, solid form dry mounting adhesive..."(Fusion 4000).

I've been using Colormount because I figured at larger print sizes (11x14 to 16x20), it would hold better than Buffermount which has a lower melting point. After reading, "This archival quality..." as opposed to, "This permanent..." I'm wondering if I made the right choice.

Will Buffermount work on larger prints?