Last I saw on PMAI reports, the kiosks were doing well, though not as much as earlier anticipated. Many of the self serve kiosks use RA-4 technology. One thing that might have hurt Kodak a little in photofinishing was Fujifilm picking up many contracts at Target Stores.

The $300M figure I believe I saw as profits in the consumer imaging division of Kodak, on their last quarterly SEC filing. However, reporting of profits combines consumer digital camera and printer sales with film sales and one-time-use camera sales. If you read the press releases carefully, Kodak indicate that consumer digital just finally managed a 3% profit level in the last few quarters. As far as I know, Nikon is the only other company to report profits directly from digital camera sales.

While a little tougher to decipher, indications at Fuji with their financial reports show traditional films still in the 12% to 18% profit range. This is over the financial statements from 2005 and 2006, mostly based upon quarterly reports. It might be interesting to wonder whether Kodak are more or less profitable from their film production; this might be a factor of their manufacturing efficiency.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio