Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
Dear Jordke,

I do not remember a more anguished thread....I have to reply....on a human to human level...

I do not know where you come from, I do not know how old you are, I do not know how long you have been carrying that kit around, but I am absolutely sure that when you no longer have the strength in your body to lift the lupe to the glass, some 20 something will be taking out a 5x4 kit 'FOR THE FIRST' time, exposing on film and then processing that film and then printing on film.......and feeling eactly the same way as you do today...photo art will never die.......silver based photography is the ultimate expression of that art, its the ultimate quality and the longest lasting available for the printed photo image, and every one is different, no two silver film images are the same..ever

We have been making photo products since 1879.......and we are every bit as passionate about it today as we were then......my 'educated' guess is that the World of film, paper and chemical manufacturing will continue to go through many, many changes, our company included, but as long as ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology exists, hopefully for a long time after I have gone, and no matter what other products it will be making then, I am sure the first line in our price list will be.. Monochrome Film / Paper & Chemistry...

And do you know what...my guess is that we will not be the only ones....

And I do not think your sentimental...I think your just passionate...and so are we....

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

AMEN to that! Thanks, Simon!