Again, ...Kodak can sell the film business and retain the environmental liability for clean up...or the buyer simply won't buy the real estate, but instead lease it from Kodak and let them retain the liability...but this certainly will be an issue in any sale.....

At the end of the day, does film cash flow and generate a decent ROI for investors? Or, is it a cash drag or a distraction from their key strategy (digital, which could be a reason) OR, sell it because you NEED the selling price cash to grow the digital side...

And Kodak does have substantial debt - it's balance sheet aint all that great.

Aren't these guys a little late to the digital scene? And the digital camera scene is highly competitive, with tough margin pressure.

Wow, did prior management screw this thing up. Like, they didn't see it coming?

I think they are TRYING, Hoping, Praying to find A place...like "Gee, I guess film will eventually go away.....and we are in the Kodak Moment business,,,so I guess this means we should do something in the digital world, so we can try and make money so us execs and board members can have a job?"

What worries me more is that the rest of the world (china in particular) are skipping right over film to digital....not good for future prospects of film....

I loved reading the comment perez made about the Board deciding on what to do with individual business units...."it will be up to the Board to decide what is the best option" - now THAT's what I call leadership....