I like the series very much - wonderfully original, really. But have a question. Are these insects alive? I assume they are not (at least not all) and that is all right for the purpose of your work which is expressive. But it brings to mind a problem that I want to mention without it being a criticism of your book, which is great.

Like I mentioned before, I see most insect photography as a continuation of wildlife photography and as Dan mentioned the real challenge of that lies in working with live animals. In other forms of wildlife photography one would very rarely photograph a dead animal without explicitly mentioning it (even passing off a zoo animal as wild would be considered unacceptable). But in macro photography I often see people photographing, dead, pinned or glued down, frozen or anesthetized insects without bothering to mention it. First, the challenge of photographing these creatures live is considerable and secondly, it is often hard to make out whether the specimen is live or not from a cleverly made photograph - but often there are tell-tale signs. Of course if one is photographing specimens for documentation or even otherwise, dead ones are fine (not frozen etc, though, IMHO) but I think one should always mention that.

Bosaiya, once again, this is not a criticism of your work. I fully realize that photographing a moth in flight with a 4x5 would be a challenge and would not suit what you are trying to achieve here, which is brilliant. This thread has been touching on various aspects of insect photography which don't often get discussed, so I just wanted to bring up this subject of photographing dead insects and passing them off as in the field photography of wildlife.

Thanks for posting your work,
Anupam