"Roll" negatives are sleeved in Panodia pages, which are filed with a contact print of the page on the left, negs on the right. They fill several ring binders, so I spend hours looking for the right binder. Once I have the right binder finding the correct negative takes only seconds.

They are organised by date/format/subject/space or whatever, su that most of the portraits are in one binder, except for some which ended up in another one. There's landscapes all over. Most of the 35mm negs are in one folder, except the ones which belonged (at some time in the past) somewhere else. The more recent negatives are in sleeves all over my desk.

Sheet negatives (9x12cm, 4x5" and 5x7") are stored in Light Impression mylar sleeves, in acid-free envelopes in nice little boxes. That means I have no contact sheet to guide me to the correct negative, but fortunately I don't have that many of them yet. This will surely change...

The 18x24cm negatives are stored in an empty Ilford 8x10" paper box. I've avoided 18x24cm paper for years, but now I'll have to get some - if nothing else, then just for the box...

Prints are also all over the place; in boxes, cartons, drawers, stacks and heaps. From the amount of paper I've bought over the years and the number of prints I find around the house, better than 90% of my prints must be hiding somewhere just waiting for the right moment to come landsliding out.

I know exactly where 12 of my prints are - two on the wall, and 10 in a portfolio book. If I could only find that portfoilo...