Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
I joined a camera club about ten or twelve years ago when all the members used film. I didn't stay a member too long as the night they met clashed with something else I was doing.

Recently I met a girl who is in this same camera club now and she told me that she and her friends are still trying to convert the last few film users to the big D.

To me camera clubs are like photography forums where a mixture of film users and digital users just doesn't work. Theres always someone saying "ah you should shoot Digital". If I wanted to shoot digital I would, but I don't.

If you can find a group of people with the same interest as you (be it film or Digital) then great as you all have the same interest. Apug is great because when you ask a film question, your not answered with a "go digital answer".

Peter
If you get a chance, tell her and her friends to stop trying to 'convert' the film users.

Okay, I am in a camera club in which I am the only person still regularly shooting film. On our last outing, I had taken two of my LF cameras and despite my concern that I was 'taking too long' we all had fun. Our club is not a competition based club. We merely get together because we enjoy photography.