</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robert @ Sep 17 2002, 05:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Do be honest I&#39;m sort of confused about those 135mm lens. What I think I know is they are designed for 9x12cm and aren&#39;t perfect for 4x5. It would be better for 6x9 but still a little long.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
Robert,

the specs say that the Rodagon 5.6/135 covers 4x5" while Schneider says that their Componon-S 5.6/135 covers only 9x12cm. This is the same as with 6x7 format and the Rodagon 4/80 and Componon-S 4/80 resp. The former does support it officially, the latter not.

I do have both and can tell you that both do cover 4x5" at usual working apertures. However, if you do have a larger glass negative carrier (e.g. 5x7") without masks, you may need to center position the negatives more precisely with a 135mm lens than with a longer one.

The 135mm will give you larger magnifications on your easel, but the 150mm lenses do have an advantage when printing on smaller formats (e.g. 8x10"): they leave more space for handling dodging and burning tools.