Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
As for Dektol I found that a tray that had been used for years as a paper developer tray that had a residue of old dektol built up on it, was the greatest thing to develop the ortho film in. I just added water no developer and it was just enough to process the film in 90 seconds. barring this I saved some old developer that was nearly exhasuted and used it.
Great <insert sarcasm>. Something new to watch for on eBay - a 20 year old tray with Dektol residue. Thanks to your post, it'll probably go for $500. Hang onto any that you have and submit numerous posts on the 'net about how great they are and you'll build up a demand. Then, put it up on eBay and stand back!

Seriously, though.....

I am intending on printing directly from my interpositive onto silver paper so that I get a negative image on the print. I am not going to make an enlarged negative. I have a lot of images that look much better as negative images than they do as positives. You can checkout the critique gallery for 3 that I posted or look at my member gallery to see what I mean.

Even still, I'm amazed at how low contrast the interpositive needs to be to pull a print that I want. I made what looked like a slightly low contrast interpositive on Ilford Ortho and Grade 2 Azo in Dektol 1:3 could barely handle
the contrast.

-Mike