--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt
What happened "At dawn, on a chill April 17 in 1927", 80 years ago this month? It was the beginning of a life time of work that has influenced a great many photographers and artists world wide.

Ansel Adams set out to make his "Monolith, The Face Of Half Dome", the photograph where, for the very first time, he visualised how his image should appear as a finished print, at the time of the exposure of the negative.

Actually, he made two exposures of this subject, the first through a yellow filter. Immediately after making the first exposure, he realised that this negative could not give him the print that would match the image he saw in his mind's eye, and, using his one remaining glass plate, he made another exposure through a deep red filter.

I think that he used a 6.5"x8.5" camera to make this photograph, not the 8"x10".

Mike Sullivan

It took a while but yes, Mike you are correct and Chuck you are too. I believe it was pivot point in photography and I am glad he articulated it to the masses. Many may have been on to or doing it but he actually knew and said something concrete about it. And isn't it a really beautiful photograph?