Funny thing I found out that "traditional"photographers are more out there taking pictures and printing than arguing about their equipment. As a group I think those of us who are actually using the cameras have found what works for us and require no more "what if I tried....?" The new digital camp is full of new and interesting technology which does lend itself to discussing better approaches or better equipment. Is why manufacturers love digital so much, every 6 months there is a new gadget that fires the imagination of the users, in our case, well...my Korona 12x20 was made in the 1930's now a days Lotus, Wisner and Canham make the same format....if you are using one of the new cameras or my old trusty....the result is the same and the final print is actually made in the darkroom with skill,patience and love. So, if someone comes to me and rages about their new Wisner....well, so what? sure is a beautiful camera, I would love to have one, but in the end the negative comes out the same. With digital I think the "newness"factor has a lot of play...if I have such and such coolpix...and another guy raves about the "new and improved" such and such coolpix...well then I might be interested, mainly because my coolpix does not do all the things his "new" coolpix does.....
I dont think you are seeing burned out, I think you are just experiencing comfort with the techniques, skills and equipment already in use.