I do not want to complicate something that you are already wrestling with, but I always have reservations about any discussion of a quality as "good or bad". For example, would you say that some prints exhibit "good grain" or "bad grain" ?? You probably would think that it was good if there was a lot of grain evident and it added to the emotional impact, and conversely, that it was bad if it was just a distraction. My point is that contrast is an element in the creative recipe just like grain and all of the other elements that we use, control, and evaluate in every image that we print.

If there were such a thing as "universally correct contrast" .... well, it sure sounds like a good argument for handing control over to some automated (dare I say it..???) digigizmo :o

Which, believe it or not, leads me to the best answer to your question that I can think of: If you like it, it is good.
If you are familiar with the variables: exposure, film type, developer, developer technique, etc...... then no one can tell you what is "right". It is only possible for someone to either make a comment about their own preference (which you can heed or ignore as you choose), or for someone to answer a specific question about how a certain image could be made to show more or less contrast, if that is what you think it should show.

Tim R