Dear All,

At long last I have had the chance to get the 'full heads up' from our marketing director, I have to tell you its not the news I guess you were all hoping for.

ILFORD Delta 25 will not be made in the forseeable future ( but never say never ) and the explanation just issued is as follows.

'Significant work has been carried out technically and in respect of market place positioning of a 25 asa film from ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited.

The expected full R&D, time to launch and manufacturability for an entirely new controlled crystal growth 25 asa 120 and 35mm film has been estimated at 18 months to two years. To recoup the cost of this would require a film costing significantly more than the current DELTA 100 and DELTA 400 emulsions. As we also make a 50 asa conventional emulsion film ( PAN F + ) the market research clearly indicates that we would see the sales of this product reduce significantly, especially against a back drop of all film sales not growing.

Therefore marketing have decided that we will serve the end user better by keeping our current range INCLUDING PAN F + , rather than introduce a more expensive film at 25 asa and have to cease making PAN F+ ' .

I have to say, I do agree with them, I know how many people use and like PAN F + and I would not want to see it go and 'replaced' by a much higher cost film.

I am sure many of you would have loved to see this film, I would have as well, I am sorry that it was just not viable at this time for ILFORD Photo.

Simon : ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :