Having been a hobbyist photographer for many years I have now decided to take the plunge and start my own b+w developing. For the moment I will not be producing prints although this is planned for the future.
I will be using a changing bag and daylight developing tank.

My question is this-

Are there any of you in the UK who can give me the basic information on which chemicals to buy? I have been reading 'Ilford Monochrome Darkroom Practice' by Jack H Coote, but the book assumes a familiarity with processing. I understand the procedure to process a negative, but which chemicals to buy is not explained anywhere, just general terms like 'developer', 'acid stop bath' and 'fixing solution'.

I have been to the Jessops site, and they have an enormous and confusing list of chemicals available! Unfortunately no-one seems to sell a 'beginner's chemical kit'.

I need a basic 'You need these chemicals' (brand names please!)

Thank you in advance!