FINALLY! The 5th issue of MAGNAchrom is ready for you to download at www.magnachrom.com
This issue is quite special -- Not only is it dedicated to all things related to night photography, including an interview with Tom Paiva, one of the most prolific night photographers in the world, but we also have an exclusive in-depth review of 24 ballheads from Gitzo, Manfrotto, Arca-Swiss, ReallyRightStuff, Velbon, Giottos, Freedom, AcraTech and Novoflex (seven of which received an Editor's Choice -- read to find out who won!)
CONTENTS OF VOLUME 1, ISSUE 5
- HOT MODS: Large Format Fisheye
- 4-SQUARE: Alex Watanabe
- PROJECT: Ambient Night, Kit Courter
- TECHNIQUE: Film for night photography
- TRAVELS: Night and the Built Environment
- ARCHITECTURE: Kirk Gittings: The Edge of Darkness
- EXPERIENCE: Images of Night
- CENTERFOLD: Philip Pankov
- EQUIPMENT: Adventures in 4x10
- CUSTOMIZE: Vacuum frame for LF holders
- EXTREMES: Longyearbyen
- INTERVIEW: Tom Paiva
- PORTFOLIO: Larry Wright
- REVIEW: 24 Ballheads Compared
Here are some sample spreads from this issue:
As always, we hope you value this latest issue of MAGNAchrom, as we value your continued support.
Be sure to let us know what you think, and as a reminder: we want to feature your medium and large
format photographs in MAGNAchrom, so please consider contributing.
MAGNAchrom is a labor of love. Enjoy!