Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
There were more pictures to post, but you are limited to 3 uploads so...

Mark has asked me to add this:

1. This method should not be confused with the wet collodion method. You might do that by not seeing the missing photos. I'll post them in a subsequent set. They show noodle washing, chilling the plate and etc.

2. The hand technique as illustrated was used not only by amateurs for coating gelatin emulsions, but also in dry plate factories until the availability of coating machines. An 1884 account of the operation at the Cramer Dry Plate Works in St. Louis was described as "eight busy men, with pitchers of emulsion on one side, a pile of glass on the other and in front of them, a peculiar leveling stand." *

* Philadelphia Photographer, Jan 1884, p 11

PE
the ether for colliodon allways knocks me out

the tea pot i allready got-that side handle style-buy in any china/korea/japan town

but you know that it looks like a hot instant vanailla pudding mix that is too thin-since the instant pudding is mostly gelatine that might be a way to learn this

what about the "PECULIAR" levaling stand tho?

ron-those are lovely photo's-you have out done yourself agin

looks like a giant garlic press for the noodle canoodling-thinkng that since this really was a kitchen process the equipment can be found in chefs supply

a piece of bakers marble might do fo the chilling table since that is its function in pastry making

ron you did gooder than ever

vaya con dios