Quote Originally Posted by juan View Post
IIRC, when Jay was still active on the forums, we discussed replacing 10% of the TEA with glycol. The idea was that there would still be sufficient TEA, so that the times and dilutions would not change. I don't know that anyone actually made the tests, though.
j
I was corresponding with Jay back then and giving him feedback and test results. I could discern no difference with the small amount of PG.

I had posted regarding shadow density issues earlier in this thread and got no responses. The current message activity in here got me pulling out 510 info and I re-ran a film test on HP5+. I love the fine grain, midtones and controlled highlights but the shadows are so dead and empty for me. My blue channel (I don't have UV) curves bear this out, too. I really feel that I have given this soup a fair amount of trial and by the time I get shadow detail to emerge, I'm at extremes of the curve and struggle to get tones to paper as I would like. Is anyone else struggling with this? This developer seems to have people very polarized as to their affections for it. If I could solve my low zone density issues, I would love the stuff. I'll admit to not being a soot and chalk fan so perhaps I'm more sensitive to the behavior?