Quote Originally Posted by WarEaglemtn View Post
Use a good quality gloss surface fibre paper and a ferrotype tin. Has worked for highest gloss possible for 70+ years.
Could you elaborate on a ferrotype tin? I have an older photography textbook that refers to drying glossies on a ferrotype tin, but I have never seen nor heard of one of these before. What are they made of? Do photo stores still carry them? Where can I get/make one of these? Does the tin mark or mar the surface of the print? Are they essential to getting or enhancing a glossy finish?

Thanks in advance,