Robert-

Your post has scared me a bit...but probably not in the way you think. It's almost a déjà vu experience.

Due to some spinal cord issues that I won't go into, I've been spending some time with a mix of vicodin and neurontin in my system. Although not as wicked as morphine, this combination sometimes gets my mind playing in ways that I don't think it normally would. During one of my less lucid moments, I came up with the idea of finding a cheap old 6x9 folder with a trashed lens and retrofitting a Holga lens onto it. This is something that, once my back's taken care of, I fully intend to pursue.

I'm not sure if my idea is a good or bad one, but I guess I can take comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one whose mind wonders to camera design when the drugs kick in.

(BTW: Lest anyone think that these drugs are beneficial for my actual photography, let me assure you that there is nothing more frustrating than taking a meter reading with my Sekonic and trying to translate the resulting information into the aperture that I want to use. I feel like a complete idiot looking at "1/15 at f2.0" on the meter and trying to translate that into f22 while taking the receipricatory characteristics of my film into consideration. Plus, one of the insidious side-effects of neurontin is cloudy vision; not one of the things any photographer wishes for.)