Today I went into the only store in Geelong that has Ilford film and paper to get a 100 sheet box of Multigrade satin 8x10. I was told by the salesman that they had placed an order with CR Kennedy over three weeks ago for film and paper and had been told by their contact at Kennedy's that because of last year's ordering pattern they were not going to get new stock during the slow periods of the year.
I don't know about anyone else, but I find this attitude totally counter-productive and very wrong from a customer relations point of view. It also seems to be doing Ilford a disservice when Ilford has been so devoted and responsive to the many people who use their products.
I know that Kennedy's have been rather high handed with things like this in the past, but they have forgotten that the customer is who pays their bills.
Has anyone else had this sort of experience lately with trying to get film and paper products from their normal supplier.
Simon, if you are reading this, it might be a good idea to have word with CR Kennedy and try to change their attitude. How can you stay in business if they won't order your products for the people who want buy and use them.
Mike