George:

There were actually a couple of Coloramas that were shot on 35mm film. They pulled out all the technological stops for those.

When I was a youngish teenager (in the mid 1970s), I attended a surprise retirement party for a gentleman who was known throughout western Canada as Mr. Kodak. Pursuant to Kodak policy, he was required to retire at age 65, which really disappointed him, because that meant his service with the company ended after 49 years and 7 months (yes, he was 15 when he started). During the late 1930s, he was essentially the only Kodak employee in western Canada, and travelled the roads as the western Canada rep.

Someone had taken a photograph of him in the early 1970s, wearing a Kodak shirt, and a Kodak hat. He was on top of a hill, hamming it up for all he was worth, in his Kodak "uniform".

The photographer used a disk camera, or 110 (I cannot recall which).

There were 100s of people there, the president of Kodak Canada presided, and there were very senior people from Eastman Kodak there as well.

The centerpiece on display was that 110 or disk photo, enlarged up to about 8x10 - not 8x10 inches, but 8x10 feet!

You had to get within about two feet before the extreme scale of enlargement caused the image to degrade. It seems they used the Colorama technology and techniques (among other things) to produce the print.

Matt

P.S. I was there, because they needed someone to take photographs. I got to use the Kodak lab's Retina Reflex for the task.