</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrcallow @ Feb 11 2003, 02:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I process my own c41, but not e6.&nbsp; There is very little to recommend processing your own film except cost and control.&nbsp; The former only if you do a lot and the latter can be negligible if you have a good lab near by.</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
I now process ALL of my C41 myself.

Although I have used one of the *best*, most respected color labs - anywhere - "Advance" in the Cherry Hill Industrial Park, Danvers, MA ... I find that by processing C41 in my own darkroom, using one-shot chemicals (signifcantly? - I gave up on replenishment many years ago) the results are superior - at least in my judgement.

Another consideration is privacy. I do a lot of nudes, and I have heard too many horror stories of teen-aged photo machine operators with hormones out of control, leaning on the "print buttons" to flood the local area with some of the more "indelicate" images.

I am not on this Earth to cause grief to anyone - and that includes those that model for me... to say nothing of the potential damage to my reputation.