Hehehe .... alright, alright people, so I put a little hiccup in the route. Nothing more to see now, let's move along!
Now here's the status:
1. USA MA - Suzanne (SuzanneR)
2. USA NH - Jonathan (JonKing)
3. USA NH - Barry (bdial)
4. USA RI - Paul (pesphoto)
5. USA NYC - George (Copake_ham)
6. USA NJ - Sanjay (Sensanjay)
7. USA GA - Adam (geauxpex)
8. USA TX - Dianna (Dianna)
9. USA KS - Mike (MikeBarger)
10. USA MI - Marc (FilmSprocket)
11. USA MI - marianne (Mayfair710)
12. Canada ON - John (JohnBartley)
13. Canada MA - John (the banana)
14. Canada AB - Martin (MartinB)
15. Canada BC - Matt (MattKing)
16. USA CA - Tim (k_jupiter) <--- The camera will arrive here next
17. USA CA - Michael (mudhaus)
18. USA CA - Guillermo (guissimo)
19. AUSTRALIA - Arthur (Thanasis)
20. Ireland - Sheila (Sile)
21. Belgium - Marc (Marc Leest)
22. Germany - Ruediger (rst)
23. Norway - Ole (Ole)
24. NORWAY - Birger (BirgerA)
25. USA CT - Art (gr82bart)
I have to say this has been one of the more exciting trips for a traveling camera. Let's recap some of the drama:
What excitement lies ahead? How long will it take to cross the American border? Will there be a surfing expedition in California with Michael? Will Tasmanian Devils snatch the camera from the clutches of Arthur, or will it be a dingo? Will there be more Pagan rituals performed when in arrives on Irish shores so Sile can expand her chicken recipes? Will it be airlifted off a North Sea platform from Ole? Will Marc make it through this round with all the anxious possibilities? Stay tuned to this thread for play by play updates.
- First, it magically appeared on Suzanne's doorstep!
- Then, it zoomed across 10 states from New Hampshire to Texas to Michigan and thousands of miles in 8 weeks
- When it arrived in NYC, George was so enamoured with the features of the camera, he wanted an LCD screen.
- A brief hush fell over the crowd when Marianne sent it over the first international border - probably through the tunnel at Detroit to the HUGE Canada Post distribution centre in Mississauga - and it took two weeks for John to confirm it's safe arrival - yeah!
- It dog sledded across Canada and another 3000 km <-- notice the metric? Imagine the vistas on its trip - lush Northern Ontario forests, vast Western Prairies, majestic Canadian Rockies ...
- There was some ugly and insensitive locker room straight male talk about bananas in Manitoba. Apparently the camera was forced to capture images of several bent shapes. The offender was dispatched to APUG Council Diversity Training Part 1 and hasn't been seen since.
- Then Matt took an unscheduled vacation and the camera languished in a local Postal Outlet. The nerve making us wait like that ...
- Now it was discovered some zany organizer screwed up the names on the route. Participants picked up his slack and corrected the error of his way. Fire that guy! Oh, wait ... :o