Sorry for the delay. These people around here expect me to do some work for my pay. Been a tough week, next week is even tougher.

Anyhow, the Camera has sailed. It is on it's way to Travis as we speak. Please remember to turn off the camera after shooting it. There is a fresh battery in it, two more packed in the instruction bag. If you take the battery out, it does not seem to lose the frame count.

All have a good time with this. I already cannot wait to see the return and what you all will have done with your photo.

You have seen my (chicken) piece d'resistance. Now I will post my one hour chicken dinner recipe I developed in my young single days. It was fast, impressed the single women folk, and an hour is a long enough time to get into lots of mischief.

One hour chicken:
One fryer, cut up.
1/4 cup flour
groud ginger
ground allspice
Italian seasoning (rosemary, thyme, dried basil, oregano)
salt pepper
1/4 lb of butter plus two good sized pats
9x12 baking pan
baking (cookie) sheet
4 medium potatos
1 medium winter squash (acorn, butternut, delicata)
brown sugar

Heat oven up to 375F. (190 C)

Place stick of butter in the bottom of the baking dish, place in oven.

Wash potatos. Cut squash in half lengthwise, leave skin on, take out seeds.

Wash chicken and dry.

Combine flour, and all spices in brown paper bag.

Throw chicken in bag one piece at a time, do pagan chicken dance for 30 seconds each piece, place on plate.

When butter is all melted and bubling softly, place floured chicken in baking pan skin side down. Place pan in oven.

Place potatos in oven.

Place squash open side up on cookie sheet.

Place pat of butter in each squash half, sprinkle lightly with brown sugar. Place sheet (with squash) in oven.

After 30 minutes, take spoon and spread melted butter in squash over cavity of squash. Turn chicken over, skin side up.

Come back after another half hour. Dinner be done. Serve with a nice mellow Chardonney.

tim in san jose