Hello all,

I'm having problems liking this photograph and I don't know why. I can't retake it because the baby in the picture is now about 5 or 6 years old (it's my niece/niece-in-law - I'm a bad auntie for not remembering exactly how old she is now :rolleyes: )
So I have a scan of a print i did of this image about 5 years ago. I probably wasn't so good at printing then. However I do like the lighter baby head in the older print because then you don't get the icky baby rash showing up on her head.
So basically what I did for this recent print is print a grade darker (grade 3 on ilford multigrade VC RC) and burn in that top left corner because I thought it was too distractingly bright (and I'm kind of surprised there's that much information in the film from the burning in too, I thought that was what's known as a blown highlight).
I keep flipping between them and trying to decide if I like the darker print I did today or not.

PS yes I know there's a white dot on the arm i don't know what it is, I'm just going to use my spotone to carefully spot it out. I'm more concentrating on the printing bit at the moment.