Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
Kodak is bringing back the manufacture of film to the US, England and France as the market shrinks. At one time it was expected that there would be a growing market in SEA and SA, but that failed to develop so why have a huge investment there.

Kodak had a large investment in China under the direction of Carl Kohrt until he retired, and then Jack Chang until he retired. There was a great deal of activity in Kodak digital print kiosks which are dotted all over China.

PE
I wonder if Lucky has any future at all. At one time, I think you had mentioned that Osmium, Iridium, and Rhodium were used to enhance the spectral sensitivity of film emulsions to give them sensitivity across the entire spectrum of visible light.

Well, as of sometime next year (I forget the precise date) all industrial purchase of those three elements in the PRC is going t have to be done through a government clearing house. I guess the rationale behind that is that China wants to be certain that its developing aerospace industry isn't going to face availability issues for these three elements which are using in superalloy heat-treating processes.

Aerospace is a growth industry, analog photo materials really isn't, so it isn't hard to guess which will be shown preferential treatment in a command economy.