Quote Originally Posted by john_s View Post
If you've done a good rinse down I doubt that you're in the slightest danger. Many people take a selenium supplement for health reasons and you might have just got a one or two day dose of selenium.
I tend to agree. A few years ago a colleague regularly used a technique he had worked up which included selenium toner heated on a dishwarmer, and his darkroom was non too well ventilated either. On one occasion he became convinced he had poisoned himself with selenium and took himself off to the relevant London hospital (forget which one, but it was that one dealing with poisoning issues like this). After going through this little used test it transpired that on a scale of 1-10 he wasn't even registering on the bottom rung.

So although this isn't claiming a case for dropping precautions, with good darkroom practice there should be no problems with selenium.