Quote Originally Posted by photomc
Dorothy, (sorry for the misspelling earlier)

At the start of this post you stated you had tried the scanner on another PC, this lead me to think what ever caused the problem could be a driver issue with W2K (that is the OS you are running, correct?). If so, then there may not be a trojan horse or anything more than a W2K issue. Know that does not make any easier to find, but you may need to find something in the registry. When the scanner was tested on the 'other' pc had any updates been applied to it? I would continue to search the Epson forums to see if this had been seen before and would bet that there some folks there that can assist you in getting it up and going.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

I've been off the air for a few days having had problems installing Broadband and a Networking system and have just read this thread. Ten days ago I was talking to a friend in the south of England who also has this problem, he had tried all the fixes suggested here other than the Windows 2000 Operating System sggestion without luck. I spoke to another friend on his behalf who suggested that the problem may lie with the OS. I'll, call him this evening and report his findings.