I am new to LF photography and I am in the process of acquiring accessories for my Omega D2 in order to enlarge 4x5 negs. I just purchased a used Schneider 150mm lens, but I am a bit confused about the type of lens board I need for my enlarger.

I was told I need a 4.5 inch cone lens board in order to enlarge. Is this true or can I get away with using the traditional flat lens board? Does the cone allow me to enlarge in ways that aren't possible withthe flat lens board? Do I have an option between the two?

I appreciate your response.