Quote Originally Posted by ITD View Post
I suppose that this is the part I really want to examine - I feel a little swamped at the moment, which is why I was asking about what people do in practice. For instance, do people single out a single frame at a time and keep at it until the print is as good as possible, or do you print all the 'possibles' at once then pick out the 'keepers'? I'd like to think I could save time at 'work print' stage and spend more at 'final print' work.

I print just "keepers", not "possibiles", unless, for example, model tells me "I really would like this..." (I don't pay models with money but with prints, and I don't sell my prints, that is I sell them very rearly). Then, I print for model (or eventual buyer) that print even if I wouldn't print it for myself. Of course, if I think that image is not up to my "standard", I don't print it. So, I mostly print one or two photographs from photo session, which usually can be 1 to 5 rolls of film, and I use 35mm and 6x7. Of course, there is allways exception from rules...