Motion picture labs use perchlorethelene in wet gate operations, but I suggest highly that you leave that chemical alone -- your kidneys and nervous system will thank you.

I spent 13 years around that solvent and it is nasty, nasty stuff -- de-fats your skin on contact and gets into your circulation system almost instantly. I get a headache just thinking about it...

If you are going to mess with it, use nitrile gloves and an organic vapor respirator along with full lab coat and safety glasses to avoid eye splashes.

Good luck on disposal -- it will cost you plenty $$.