I am still getting comments and questions about emulsion making so here are some rules.
1. Up in temperature, coarser in grain and higher in speed.
2. Down in gelatin, coarser in grain and higher in speed.
3. Up in addition rate, slower in speed and higher in contrast.
4. Down in addition rate, higher in speed and lower in contrast.
5 PA gelatin gives finer grain than photograde gelain.
6. Larger grain or higher iodide gives higher speed.
I hope this helps answer the load of questions I've gotten.