I cant speak in a general sense but I have some old Folmer and Schwing 5x7 holders that double as film and plate holders. You can tell these by the metal sleeve insert that holds the film; a sliding latch at one end of the holder frame locks and releases the insert so you can take it out for use with plates. Handy dandy things.