</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (David Hall @ Feb 19 2003, 01:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>if I photographed the same scene with a Schneider and a Congo or a Fuji, let&#39;s say, and made prints to whatever size you felt you needed, could you tell the difference?</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
David,

It is hard to tell the difference between modern LF lenses as long as sharpness and/or brilliance it your main concern. You may be able to tell the difference in the outer areas of the image circle and for lower f-stop values. However, there are other aspects to take into account. If you need maximum coverage, there is currently no alternative to Schneider, at least for some focals. If size and weight is a primary issue, you’ll have to pick lenses from almost all manufacturers (e.g. Schneider 4,5/80XL, Congo 6,3/90, Rodenstock 5,6/135, Nikkor-M 9/300, Fujinon-C 12.5/450)

IMO, comparing lenses is merely like comparing TMX vs. Delta 100. Both are sharp but do have different characters in detail. If you take a closer look at the out-of-focus rendering (the so calles bokeh), you may be able to differentiate between modern lenses more clearly. It is a matter of personal taste in the end. I, e.g., do not like the shorter focal Fujinon, but I love my Fujinon-C 12.5/450. So it is not a matter of comparing Fujinon vs. Rodenstock, but of comparing e.g. a certain Grandagon-N with a certain Fujinon SW(D) or simply: picking the best from all lines according your needs and likes.