Quote Originally Posted by eddym View Post
Derek, I'm not sure I understand why you are so sure that the organizers of the show knew that the juror would not accept anything but portraiture. Maybe they did, and maybe the show was misrepresented, as you allege. This could be the case, or it could just be that they did not know their juror well enough to realize that his prejudices were such that he would accept nothing that was not portraiture. If they did know that, then you are correct, they should have advertised the show as a portraiture show..
I agree, if they did not know, you're right. But they are responsible for selecing the juror and I am not ready to throw in the towel as fellow Americans are more commonly doing now-a-days by saying, "It's not my job," or "It's not my fault," or "It's not my responsibility." Ultimately the gallery should have done better in selecting a more ethical/honest juror--who should have been up front about his criteria.

Your "core point" was that the juror did not review your work, and if that is true, then I do agree that it was "not right," in the sense that the show was not as advertised and promoted, not an "open category" show. But I am not so sure that it is true.
Not sure why you're doubting my words, have I given any indication that I am lying or being dishonest?

What do you expect to gain from your letter of complaint? The show is over, so you can't be accepted now. You will be able to vent your anger and disappointment, and if that makes you feel better, then go ahead. Me, I'm ready to write a flaming letter to Sears because the washing machine repairman didn't show up Thursday as he was scheduled. I just can't find the right address!
Please read the thread, I have already said, days ago, that I will not write a letter or demand money back! Why have you missed that? I know this is a long thread, sorry for that, but you are posting as well, aren't you reading? By the way, same here with Sears Home Service---very bad experiences---in the end we demanded our money bad and got it.

So write your letter if it makes you feel better. But don't expect it to change anything
You must have had some really bad experiences. I'm not going to waste my time, which is far more precious than the gallery's time, on complaining to people who, in the end, won't care.

On a separate note, I saw your website links to the Animal Rescue Site... we're of the same mind there. Be well and your "other side perspective" is certainly appreciated--just not sure why this thread has made you so defensive?