Don't feel like the Lone Ranger Dennis, I think we're all in the same boat.

I too blow hot and cold on my work - particularly when it's new. I usually make "reasonable" 8x10 RCs and pin them in my office for as long as it takes before doing the final printing. I've found that a "reasonable" print keeps me better focused, (pardon the pun) on whether or not the image itself is worthwhile. Whereas, with a finished print I tend to focus too heavily on the craft. If, after a few weeks I decide the image is "Fiber Worthy" then I'll print it - having determined over the few weeks 'probation' period what technicals are needed for the finished print. From that point I'll fret over whether the printing was executed well or should it be redone and improved!

Because it's all about emotion, (I've always said that we photograph and emotion - not a subject or object,) we are sometimes in the frame of mind to "get" our own work , and at other times we're not. Whenever I'm in a funk, I re-read Edward Weston's Daybooks - I can't compare my work but I sure do recognize the emotional roller-coaster!

If we didn't second guess our work it would indicate a distinct lack of pride in it. So, on that basis, you bipolarity is a good thing.

Hope this helps.

Bob

P.S. Keep on