Dear Victor.
This part of Venexia tour is dedicated to the islands in the north part of the lagoon. They make you happy as photographer because…..no apology of places I like so much. Take films with you and make a very slow visit.

Islands
S. Lazzaro degli Armeni.
It is near the Lido and it is a piece of Armenia in the lagoon.
The cloister is a special place of Armenian Mechitaristi monks where Byron used to go. A very silent place.
Torcello
You can reach this island in the north east of the lagoon with a boat at Fondamenta nuove. It will reach first Burano and then Torcello.
Torcello was the island where the people from Altino went when the Barbars arrived in the North East of Italy after the Roman Empire. The island were more populated then now and with more buildings, chueches. You can see after a walk along a canal and the Pionte del Diavolo the magnificient Cattedrale builted durino the Bisanzio era , look at the floor and if it is possibile make a visit to the bell tower toh ave a vision from it of this fascinatine part of the laguna. Durino your walk to the island you will pass in front of the Locanda Cipriani, famous for its charme where Hemingay used to stay drinking Amarone.
Burano
Some very colorfull houses will appear when in Burano, an island of fishermans with canals and little boats.
It will worth a visit to walk around and make a rest in some restaurant to have fish dishes as “Sarde in saor”. For this pur pose you can cross the bridge to small island of Mazorbo to the restaurant “Ai cacciatori”. Others reatsurants are “Al gatto nero”, “Ai pescatori”.
It was the capital of merletto (lace), you can visit a very interesting museum dedicated to this very ancient art.
San Francesco del deserto.
It is, if I remember well, the boat stop before Burano.
I don’t want to add nothing more about S.Francesco because it will speak to your eyes when you will start to see it in the lagoon.
Prepare your eyes.

There will be the last chapter next days.