</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (b.e.wilson @ Sep 20 2002, 05:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>...but old habits die hard, and I still find myself wanting to shoot fast. And every time I&#39;ve given in to the temptation I&#39;ve wasted film.

</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
I can surely associate with this last comment. After years of shooting fashion and commercial work in general, where "time is money" I too must fight the urge sometimes to shoot fast.
I&#39;ve found a way of slowing myself down. I leave the camera in the car and walk through the region where I&#39;d like to shoot. I try and take it all in, without the pressure of setting up quickly in order to "catch the light" or a certain cloud formation. Sure, I&#39;ve missed quite a few shots working like this. But then again, I&#39;ve missed a whole lot of shots just driving down the road without a camera in my hip pocket.
After feeling out the region, I get the camera and already have a couple of shots in mind, so I don&#39;t feel pressured to "find something to shoot". This technique would obviously not work with a smaller format, because leaving it in the car would border on the rediculous. :-)