Great advice....I too am very careful with developing my film having done meticulous film testing via the BTZS methodology. That's why I was so interested in seeing the results with R3-more intuitive perhaps, and the wide exposure latitude promised. Several blogs ( just google Rollei R3 to note one or two ) really pumped the film hard claiming amazing shadow detail, better accutance, etc. I don't have the considerable experience that you have had with R3 vs. Tmax processed in more "mundane" developers, and it's good to know of your observations. I'll shoot a few more negatives ( I have about 15 sheets left ), and try to form some opinion. It would certainly be much more convenient to stay with our tried and true, less expensive, and more easily available old standbyes.

Another tremendous area of debate involves the advantages of Pyro developing which has, as most of us know, attained the status of the holy grail in the mind(s) of so many well known and talented photographers. However, Pyro vs. non-Pyro negatives and the advantages of one over the other is grist for another mill!

Edwin