Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
Well, there is one thing I don't understand: Agfaphoto is dead. Agfa gevaert is still alive, and coating. Agfa gevaert sells their films to rollei. So why Agfa Geavert can't keep on producing APX 100 and 400, and sells it to Rollei for the distribution? Why making a new superpan that will replace the two films? This point, clearly I don't understand !
With the disinvestment of their "consumer division" in 2004 (Agfaphoto), which produced APX, Scala etc., Agfa-Gevaert decided to concentrate on 3 "business lines" : Graphics Division, Medical Division and "Special Products Division" a.k.a. "Materials division". This division makes all kinds of film for industrial and technical use, but no films for "consumer" use (i.e. both amateur and professional photographers). Industrial and technical use includes surveillance, aerial photography etc. E.g. Superpan 200 is Aviphotpan 200 (aerial film) and is basically Scala but with increased infrared sensibility... I suppose they do not restart APX-production because there is no industrial or technical use for it and they absolutely do not intend to re-enter the consumer market directly.

PS : Adox is planning to restart APX25/100/400 production. In the meantime APX100/400 is still readily available as Agfaphoto APX100/400 and Rollei Retro 100/400.

Jacques

Jacques