The idea of a negative exchange was brought up in a thread a week or so ago. I thought it sounded like a great idea - I've enjoyed several rounds of the Postcard exchange and I have a photo on one of the 'Shoot one camera' cameras. I also read old threads where this idea was proposed and saw some of the difficulties in getting it started.

I'm too impatient to be at the end of a list of people sharing one negative, so I thought I'd kick start things by providing some negatives. I went out last weekend and shot a 35mm roll each of two scenes - I developed them last night. I tried to compose both so that there are possibilities (for me at least) to make some variety in a print by dodging, burning, and cropping. If people want, I'll post negative scans and other details to give you an idea of what is on the negatives - I haven't printed them yet.

The rules? How about this? I'll make a list of interested people - respond here or PM me. I'll send a negative of each scene to each list member. Print one, print both, once or in many different ways. Silver prints, alternative processes, "distress" the negative, whatever.

Post it in the Gallery. Once we get a list of people, perhaps Sean could make a separate gallery for this, as there is for the Postcard Exchange and the Monthly shooting assignment.

I think it would be great to get all the prints together and be able to pass them around and/or display them somewhere, but I'm sure we can figure something out later.

Thoughts??