Hello all.

I've be lurking here occasionally for a while, and just recently added a few comments to the thread about Ilford Photo's change of dealership in Japan, but haven't introduced myself properly yet. So here goes ...

I was born in Melbourne, Australia, but have lived in Japan for a large portion of my life. I remain an Australian citizen, and try to get back to Melbourne to visit family and old friends every year or so.

Photography has been a hobby off and on since I was about 10 years old, which is 40+ years ago. My professional relationship with photography has been more peripheral, in my role as writer and creative director at an advertising firm up until about 12 years ago, and as an independent operator ever since.

I currently shoot digital as well as film. Strangely, as digital technology advances and "improves," I find myself being drawn back to film more and more. My film cameras are currently a Leica M6 with Leica, Zeiss, and Voigtländer lenses, and a Pentax 67 TTL with Pentax lenses. And although I haven't made the leap just yet ... the lure of large format is strong.

So that's it for now.
Hope I can contribute something useful as time goes on.

Cheers.