Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherman View Post
Please share with us the name and model number of backpack

Thanks, Steve
Steve, of course I will. I made a separate post for it but I guess no one saw it. I just got a REI Mars 85 backpack. It is the large one that comes in at 5300 ci. and weights 5 lbs. 11 oz per the spec's. The pack has a clamshell opening on the front and you can access it from there or the top. My 8x20 fits inside with two film holders, three lenses, Packard shutter, extension rail, stabilizer bars filters and other misc. stuff. I still have the side pockets and the top of the pack available for more stuff. Fully loaded it comes in at about 31 lbs. If anyone is interested I'll load it up and take some pics of it. It cost me less than $100.00. It lists for $199.00 and through the end of the month you can get 20% off. I took advantage of this and used my dividend to get it down to about 85.00. This pack weights in less than the 8x10 pack I carry now. I wish I would have had it at Yosemite a couple of weeks ago because I saw some great compositions of trail but my rolling pack was no good in the snow. If anyone needs the dimensions of my camera let me know and I can give them to you to see if your ULF will fit. This will be easy for a 7x17. 12x20 I don't know.

Jim