</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dnmilikan @ Feb 23 2003, 07:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I am particularly moved at a deep, almost primal, level by the photography of Misha Gordin (www.bsimple.com). I would appreciate hearing from others their reactions to his images. What is your initial reaction?, What does this address within you?, If his work moves you, Why does it move you?

While we are on photographers of the same genre...

What about the work of Jerry Uelsmann?&nbsp; Are you impacted? If so in what way? What does his work accomplish?

Look forward to hearing your responses.</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
I visited his site. There is a lot of emotionl energy in his work: Somber, almost depressing.

It strikes me that he is making an heroic effort to bring some sort of regimented order to the world as he envisions it ... I would guess as a "reaction formation" to deal with a lot of previous chaos. There is a lot of pain here.
He is working on an alternate plane, and it is always a beneficial stretch to experience - "seeing thorugh the eyes of another.
Somber - and, removing one letter, sober(ing) images. Not "pretty", but successful in modifying my "view of te world" to some small extent.

Uelsmann is not nearly so "dark". What has always struck me about his work is that, while being a skilled technician in producing his work, the "mechanics" have never approached - better to say, "Never interferred with" his aesthetics.
He is a master of arresting our attention by means of incongruities.