</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (docholliday @ Feb 23 2003, 10:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I hate straps (neck). If I do use a strap, I attach a small clip cord from the camera to the strap (kinda like a chain on a pocketwatch), especially at weddings where I have little time to watch the strap.

</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
*Good* ideas here. I&#39;ve gotta try the "flashlight" and "auxilliary power park" ideas.

I agree with the neckstrap aversion. However, they are useful for keeping the "blad out of the muck and mire - hang the camera somewhere when you need your hands free.

Mine has saved my &#39;blad from &#39;grab and go" thieves a time or two. Once, I was seated at an outdoor cafe&#39; - with the neckstrap tied to the Campari umbrella. Sure enough - a bicyclist approached, slowed considerably - and most likely decided that it would NOT be a very good idea to try to escape an enraged photographer while dragging a reather large umbrella after him.