Looks like an old plate camera from the early 1900s, similar to the Zeiss Maximar and a few dozen other varieties. I'm not too familiar with holders, but yours might be a plate holder with a film insert which would let you shoot cut film (you might have to cut down 4x5 or something to fit it). Looks like the darkslide is kind of bent up though, maybe you can straighten it.