Quote Originally Posted by rmann View Post
How about a junction/socket on the cable allowing for cables of different length, different types to be plugged in? I could see having a cable/probe for tray use, and a different cable attached to a tank lid. Short cable for trays like a meter in length would be fine, for tanks maybe something a little longer would work better.
I second that. If not possible, then a 2 meter cord would be preferable so that the timer could be mounted to the wall.

It would be nice if the back of the timer had a couple of neodynium magnets (assuming they would not adversely affect operations) so that the unit could be easily mounted on a magnetic surface without drilling holes.

I like it that the timer is small, and probably light like the paper flasher. However, that means it will move easily when moving the cord around, fall into things, etc. So I would like some built in ways of securing it short of screwing it into the wall. I guess I could tape it or use blue tack but something more elegant would be nice.

For the footswitch, a long cord option would be nice. If I mount it on the wall and have to snake the footswitch behind the sink, etc. I would need a 3-4 meter cord. Also, I think that the footswitch for the timer is too light. It does not stay put and just the tension from the cord forces it out of position. Some type of weight in the bottom would make it more stable. A cool option would be to put a very dim, optional LED safelight in the footswitch so that it is easy to see in the dark.

Does it have a battery gauge? It would be frustrating to be processing film and the batteries die.